Holiday

Thursday, February 4, 2010

#2 Mini Lunch

I usually eat a lot of food at meal time. I have come to find out that it is because I feel compelled to eat everything in front of me. A whole bag of chips, cookies, etc. When there is extra food, often times, we eat it without thinking.

The box I created was not for my husband, but for me. I tried to keep it balanced by filling much of the space with greens, but I still included some pasta, rice, berries and some protein.
I found that it was plenty of food, and I felt satisfied because I ate all of it. This is a 16 oz container, so imagine fitting your entire lunch into a grande cup from Starbucks. haha

There is no real theme to this, just a hodge-podge of items.

The Makkurokurosuke, a character from Ghibli's "My Neighbor Totoro," is a rice ball wrapped in nori. His eyes are made of white cheddar cheese and nori.

The little wanna-be octopus in the upper left corner is a miniature hot dog; sliced, and heated in a skillet.

I love eggs! The hardboiled egg here has a sliver removed to make a mouth. I need to get some black sesame seeds for small details like his eyes.

I put shells and cheese in a bento container, and skewered some berries for color(and desert!)

No comments: