Holiday

Thursday, February 4, 2010

#3 Basic Totoro and Makkuro

This box gave me some trouble. I used a smaller box, and found that it was too shallow, but continued to use it anyway. :( The Totoro was a pain in the butt to make, and the meatballs were too big. I still need a hole-punch to make pupils for the eyes.

I think it turned out ok. Totoro is so cute! Design is still rather simple, but I'll learn. haha

The rice used for Totoro's body is colored with (believe it or not) mocha powder! haha. Juan said he couldn't taste the chocolate, and I'm glad. I just didn't have anything else to color it with!

The makkuro are made with meatballs this time, but I made their eyes too big.

I LOVE how I end up filling so much of the space with greens. It looks so pretty and provides a good excuse to include a salad in a hungry man's lunch. I'm actually surprised he even likes the cutesy factor. He would never show his co-workers, I'm sure. They can just read my blog anyway. :P

No comments: